Egypt launches initiative to treat 1000 Palestinian children injured in Israel-Hamas conflict
CAIRO, Nov 30: The Egyptian Ministry of Health and Population launched on Wednesday an initiative to treat 1,000 Palestinian children injured during the Israel-Hamas conflict in the Gaza Strip.
The initiative was launched in cooperation with Terous Misr Foundation for Development, an Egyptian NGO, and Nestle Egypt, a food giant, the ministry said in a statement.
The initiative, which comes within the framework of coordination, cooperation, and integration between government agencies, civil society organizations, and the private sector, aims to reach the best level of treatment services for the injured people of Gaza, according to the statement.
According to official Egyptian data, 575 injured Gazans have been admitted to Egyptian hospitals for treatment since Nov. 1.
After weeks of Israeli strikes on Gaza in retaliation for an attack on Oct. 7 by Hamas against Israel, the two sides reached a four-day humanitarian truce last week, which was extended for another two days starting on Tuesday.
The Palestinian death toll from the Israel-Hamas conflict has surpassed 15,000, while more than 36,000 people were injured, according to Palestinian figures. Israel said that the Hamas attack killed about 1,200 people while more than 200 people were taken as hostages.