Odd-even rule enforced from today. Not applicable to these vehicles in Valley
KATHMANDU, Jan 21: District administration offices (DAOs) in three districts in the Kathmandu Valley --- Kathmandu, Lalitpur and Bhaktapur--- enforced an odd-even rule for vehicles effective from Friday midnight to check the movement of people amid the third wave of coronavirus.
According to the local administration, the rule applies to all the private and public vehicles plying the streets.
However, some of the vehicles carrying out emergency services are allowed to ply the streets without any sort of interruption.
Following is the list of vehicles for which the odd-even rule is not be applicable:
1. Vehicles carrying medical equipment
2. Ambulances, hearses and fire brigades
3. Vehicles supplying cooking gas, petroleum products and construction goods
4. Vehicles supplying/carrying foodstuff, water, dairy products, fruits and vegetables, meat, fish, poultry products, fodder, agricultural goods and tools
5. Vehicles used by government employees, medics, security personnel, public enterprises, etc (on the basis of identity cards)
6. Vehicles used by staffers at banks and financial institutions, insurance companies and airlines (based on identity cards)
7. Vehicles used by journalists (based on the identity card issued by the Department of Information)
8. Government vehicles
9. Vehicles belonging to diplomatic missions