Who can receive the first dose of Verocell vaccine being administered from today?
KATHMANDU, September 20: The government is administering Verocell vaccine against COVID-19 across the country from today.
The vaccination drive will be conducted for the next 11 days starting from Monday, according to the Ministry of Health and Population (MoHP).
The vaccine will be provided to those eligible age groups who have received any shots of COVID-19 vaccine in various districts of the country, an official at the health ministry said.
Who can receive the vaccine?
1) People in Taplejung, Sankhuwasabha, Solukhumbu, Rasuwa, Jumla, Mugu, Humla, Dolpa, Bajura and Darchula who are more than 18 years old.
2) People living in Kavre and Chitwan who are older than 35 years old. Students of eligible age groups who had missed their jabs earlier.
3) People living in Kathmandu, Lalitpur, Bhaktapur, Makwanpur, Ramechap, Sarlahi and Acham who are older than 40 years and students of eligible age groups who had missed their jabs earlier.
4) In the remaining 58 districts, the vaccine will be administered to people who are older than 35 years old and students of eligible age group except for Manang, Mustang and East Rukum.
5) Besides the vaccine, the first dose of the vaccine will also be administered to frontline workers, teachers, those working in tourism sectors and hotels who have not received any shot of COVID-19 vaccine yet.
Meanwhile, the governmnet has also begun administering the second dose of Verocell vaccine in Kathmandu district. (With inputs from Gorkhapatra)